Customer service representatives in medical billing provide information about billing, rates, and resolve any customer complaints. They are on the phone for most of the workday, usually a headset, and are also comfortable using a computer and basic computer software.
- Talk with customers by phone or in person and provide information about their medical bill
- Resolve customers’ service or billing complaints
- Input and maintain patients medical records in database
- Determine charges for services requested, collect deposits or payments, or arrange for billing.
- Create correspondence with customers, patients, and clients
- Active Listening
- Speaking Clearly
- Service Orientation
- Critical Thinking
- Time Management