A Medical Transcriptionist listens to audio recordings created by doctors and other health professions regarding a patients diagnosis and then transcribe’s them into written reports. They usually work in hospitals, doctors offices, or they are self employed.
To become a medical transcriptionist you need to earn a medical transcriptionist certificate or complete an associate degree program.
- Listen to audio recordings
- Translate medical terminology
- Edit reports that have been processed
- Accurately transcribe reports
- Submit written reports for approval
- Computer skills
- Word processor skills
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology
- Attention to detail