There is only one Health information technology program that is accredited by the CAHIIM (Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education) in Alaska.
- In 2009, tuition at University of Alaska Southeast, was approximately $4,888 per year.
- Health information technicians in Alaska earn an average hourly wage of $19.59, and have an average annually salary of $40,740 according to the Bureau of labor statistics www.bls.gov.
1332 Seward Ave
UAS Sitka Campus
Sitka, AK 99835
Degree Awarded: Accredited Associate Applied Science HIM Program
Degree’s / Programs Offered
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Management (HIM)
- Health Information Technology Occupational Endorsement – 15 credit hour’s for entry-level health information technology specialist or related occupation.
- Coding Specialist Certificate – 30 credit hours
- Healthcare privacy and security certificate – 30 credit hours