There are two health information management programs accredited by the CAHIIM(Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education) in Colorado.
Colorado is the 5th highest paying state for a trained medical records / health information technician with the top paying cities of Denver, Aurora, and Broomfield.
- The average salary of a health information technician in Colorado is $42,110
- The average hourly wage of a health information technician in Colorado is $20.25, according to the Bureau of labor statistics www.bls.gov
5900 S. Santa Fe Drive
Littleton, CO 80160
Degree Awarded: Accredited Associate HIM Program
6 month – 1 year Medical Technology certificate’s offered
3333 Regis Blvd.
Denver, CO 80221
Degree Awarded: Accredited Baccalaureate HIM Program
Other HIM Programs in Colorado
The Anschutz Medical Campus
13001 E 17th Place
1250 14th Street
Program is fully accreditation by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Council (NLNAC) and the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Degree’s and Certificate’s offered:
- M.S. in Health Informatics
- Executive Certificate Program ( chief medical information officer (CMIO), chief nursing informatics officer (CNIO)
- Health information Management and Exchange specialists Certificate (Post Bachelor’s)
- Health information technology subspecialist Certificate ( Post Master’s)
- Health care informatics certificate program (16 Credits)
- 6 Month certificate programs
- Educator’s Certificate
3645 West 112th Avenue
Westminster, CO 80031
(Pending CAHIIM Accreditation)
Community College of Aurora
16000 East CentreTech Parkway
Aurora, Colorado 80011-9036
Certificate Offered: HIT Implementation and technical support Certificate (21.5 credits)
1111 W Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204-2026
6 month certificate programs offered